name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: One Day At A Time

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One Day At A Time

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

The day has finally arrived! Today marks the last day of a two year time span, set apart by the Lord, to focus on family and writing. The time frame was impressed upon me by the Spirit during my prayer time in the early spring of 2008.

April 2008-March 2010
2 years
24 months
104 weeks
728 days

Deep inside my soul, I know that I've accomplished something of greater value than I am able to comprehend. It has to do with obedience, one day at a time. It has to do with trusting Him with a large season of my life. It has to do with my faith being tested in ways that continually exposed my insecurities. It has to do with allowing the old root systems of faulty thinking, that run deep, to be exposed and uprooted. It has to do with discovering the joy in the routine of picking up my cross because I know it means spending time with Jesus.

I think I'll celebrate by heading outside to enjoy His beautiful creation and lift up my praises to the King!

Thank you, Jesus, for daily leading the way. Thank You, God, for your daily faithfulness. Thank you, Spirit for your daily presence. Your goodness has been with me, one day at a time. I love you! Amen.

No comments: