name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: More Like Him

Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Like Him

"Teacher, we know you are a man of integrity. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth." Mark 12:14a

"We know you are a man of integrity..."
False sentiments from false lips and yet no truer word had been spoken. I am intrigued by the words used by the Pharisees and Herodians as they try to trap Jesus in a compromising conversation regarding following the letter of the law. They speak the truth about Jesus and testify to his name without realizing they are doing so.

"You aren't swayed by men..."
The KJV uses the word carest -(greek) ou - absolute negative; no, not, never
Jesus' message was never swayed by any man.

"You pay no attention to who they are..."
Jesus knew man before he ever arrived on earth. Men of power and influence did not change the way he did ministry.

"You teach the way of God in accordance with the truth."
Jesus was always teaching about the road to God in absolute truth.

Jesus, I want to live my life in a way that brings you honor. Teach me how to be a woman of integrity. Show me how to live a life that isn't swayed by men or who they are. Help me to walk the journey of faith in love and truth. Please, Jesus, teach me how to be more like you.

No comments: