name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: Listen Well

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Listen Well

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him." Luke 8:17-18

I am hearing Jesus' warning to listen well. His words encourage me to be open to the voice of the Spirit even when what I hear doesn't make sense or seem to have value. I am renewing my vow to tune into the whispers that proclaim the Mystery of God; to treat them with care and respect. I am claiming Jesus' promise that in the Father's perfect timing all will be made clear and what I have learned will not be taken from me.

Jesus, thank you for this reality. Help me to be open and receptive to the mysteries of God even when they don't make sense to me. You are my praise and you are my God (Deuteronomy 10:21)! All glory and honor is yours, forever and ever, Amen.

No comments: