name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: Response

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Response

"When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, 'Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.'

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told." Luke 2:15-20

The Good News of Jesus Christ requires a response.

The shepherds' response was to go to Bethlehem to see the Christ child, for themselves. When they encountered Christ, their response was to share what they knew about him with others...they witnessed. Afterwards, their response was to praise and glorify God.

I wish the Bible shared what their lives were like after they heard and seen the Good News. Did they live like changed men? Did they continue to witness to Christ's birth? Did they continue to give glory and praise to God? How did they respond in the day-in, day-out routine of life?

I am thinking about my day-in, day-out routine. Apart from my morning quiet time in His word and this daily response, does my day reflect the Good News of Jesus Christ? Do I reflect Him? There is no easy yes or no, more like a hundred opportunities each day to go one way or the other.

I don't want to spend my day with a tally sheet and yet, I don't want to go through the day blind to the ways I fall short. The only way to reflect Jesus with any consistency is to pray for the Holy Spirit to make me aware of the choices as they come available throughout the day.

Jesus, How can I reflect you if I do not have an awareness of you? May I take the time to remember what you have done for me and to connect to you. Holy Spirit, guide me through my day. Give me a supernatural awareness of the choices that are mine to make. Father, I would submit my will to Yours in order to bring You glory and honor. In Jesus Name, I pray, Amen.

No comments: