name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: Consequences and the Way Out

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Consequences and the Way Out

But the people grew impatient on the way; they spoke against God and Moses...

Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people.

The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live." Numbers 21:4-9

God did not remove the snakes as the Israelites requested. Instead, He gave them a way to survive their consequences...gaze upon the bronze snake and live.

It is the same for me. The consequences of my sin is death; life apart from God. He gave me a way out...to gaze upon Christ lifted high on the cross...to believe in his death and resurrection...to accept the gift of salvation...and live.

Thank you, Father, for the gift of Your Son. Thank you, Jesus, for your blood which covers the consequences of my sin and purifies me in the presence of the Father. Thank you, Spirit, for your presence which guides me to a better way; encouraging me to leave my sinful ways behind and choose life. I love you. In Christ's Name, Amen.

No comments: