name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: Afraid to Ask

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Afraid to Ask

"While everyone was marveling at all that Jesus did, he said to his disciples, 'Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men.' But they did not understand what this meant. It was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it, and they were afraid to ask him about it." Luke 9:43b-45

Sometimes we would rather not understand. We don't ask the hard questions because we aren't ready to face the hard answers that are sure to follow. We choose fear and ignorance over heartbreaking enlightenment. I've been there a time or two.

What I'm wondering, right now, is how the Godhead feels about this? How does my failure to ask for understanding when I am clueless and afraid make Almighty God, Jesus the Christ, and the Holy Spirit feel?

Jesus, if it is important enough for you to tell me about it, then it is important enough for me to understand. Please give me the courage to ask you for clarity on those things about this faith journey that frighten me and cause me confusion. Help me not to be afraid and to trust you...no matter the answer or where it leads me. I love you. In your name, Amen.

No comments: