name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: The Rewards of Knocking

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Rewards of Knocking

"For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:10

It is Easter Sunday. Lent is over. Christ has risen!

I open my Bible and discover that today's reading includes the words of Jesus from Luke 11:10. My heart is warmed as I acknowledge that this is the same teaching from Matthew 7:7 that started my Lenten journey. He has tied Ash Wednesday and all the days leading up to Easter Sunday together with this life-altering invitation to ask, seek, and knock.

I am not the same person who began this journey back in February. Each and every day, I knocked on the door, and Jesus opened it to me. My heart is too full to try and speak of it, just yet. For today, I will savor the beauty of knowing him more fully and let my words be few.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: