name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: Matthew 7:7

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Matthew 7:7

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -- Mathew 7:7

According to the calendar, today marks the beginning of Lent. For the next 40 days my focus should be on my journey with Christ to the cross. I take stock of my spiritual well-being:

I feel unprepared.
I feel uninspired.
I feel disconnected from the very One I am supposed to journey with.

My eyes fall upon the plaque that is on the wall directly across from my seat at the kitchen table.




A few months ago, when I chose a spot to hang this 12x12 Scripture reference from the book of Matthew, I didn't give it much thought. It just seemed a good fit for the little alcove just beyond the breakfast area. Now I know why.

I sense Him waiting on me to follow through with the invitation of Matthew 7:7. I take a deep breath and pray,

Jesus, take me by the hand and lead me on the journey to the cross.

Show me what I need to learn. Uncover the things in me that must go. Draw me closer to your heart. Teach me how to love like you. Prepare me for whatever comes next.

Open the door, Lord. It's me and I want to be with you.

No comments: