name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: The Joy of Being Expected

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Joy of Being Expected

"Praise the LORD!

I will thank the LORD with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the LORD! All who delight in him should ponder them. Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty. His righteousness never fails." -- Psalm 111: 1-3

I am sitting at the car dealership while my car is being serviced. It may sound strange, but I love coming to this place. They know how to treat a customer and they do it well. It is a fairly new facility. They have thoughtfully provided room for people to sit in comfort and wait in their choice of: a TV room, children's play area, or work center complete with cubbies & complimentary computers. For those of us with our own laptops, they provide free wireless access. There are always fresh donuts, coffee, tea and water bottles in the hospitality center. And best of all, each and every time I show up, they are expecting me.

It is a good feeling to be expected.

Yesterday, I had two very important appointments on my calendar. I looked forward to both with a mixture of hope, anticipation and the uncertainty of the unknown. Both meetings represented new adventures with the Lord; the kind where you are about to step off an old familiar path, and in faith, trust your feet will land on something solid.

In both meetings, I was expected. The individuals involved had prepared for my presence through prayer and reflection. I was blessed by the gift of their time. I was blessed by the fruit of our discussion. I was encouraged by their willingness to walk on this part of my journey with me. Each asked questions and provided me with further things to ponder until the next time we meet. And that was the icing on the cake...there is more to come.

It is a good feeling to be expected.
It is an even better feeling to be expected and welcomed in the name of Jesus.

O Father,
Thank You for the godly people You have placed in my life. Thank You for the joy of being welcomed in the name of Jesus Christ. Help me to remember to welcome others with the same hospitality. I love You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: