name='verify-v1'/> Big God - little d: A New Season

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Season

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."
--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a change in the air. Mornings are cooler. The alarm clock goes off but now it is pitch black outside. Fall is on the way and hope is riding its coattails!

It has been a long seven months for my family. For me. Grieving, surviving, adjusting to the challenges of moving to a new city...each day its own mountain needing to be scaled. Breathe in, breathe out.

Give me the courage to make it through the next five minutes.
Okay, how about the next five minutes?
Oh God, how am I ever going to make it through the whole day?

Falling asleep exhausted and getting up the next morning, begging for the courage to do it all over again.

Our family of five has been tested. This move has marked us; left us with tender battle scars, a new limp from freshly knitted bones and the memories of dark places. It has not been easy and yet, we are stronger for having gone through it. I am stronger for having gone through it.

Am I glad I moved? Not really. Not yet.

But I am grateful. I am grateful for the faithfulness of my Lord who has walked every step of the way by my side. I am grateful for the prayers and encouragement of my friends. I am grateful for the life lessons I have been taught as I have been forced to grow and change.

Even more, I am grateful to be moving beyond "survivor mode" to "thriving mode." The cooler breeze has ushered in a season of hope. I cannot wait to see what God has planned!

Abba,
You are the God of Hope. Praise Your Name! Thank You that there is a time and place for everything under the sun. Forgive me for all of the times I doubted Your plan this past year. I want to believe You without reservation. Teach me, Lord, teach me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Lisa Worley said...

Denise, One day you will look back and know why God moved your family. It just has not been revealed yet. It is a trust walk, which is often times more difficult than it sounds!